Elisia joined Marchand Law Firm in 2010 after 9 years with a New Orleans based defense firm. She has 18 years of experience in medical malpractice litigation. Her experience also includes pharmaceutical products liability, personal injury, and toxic tort litigation; as well as, breach of contract and healthcare contractual disputes.
Born and raised in New Orleans, Elisia graduated from St. Martin’s Episcopal School before receiving her Bachelor’s degree in Drama and Communications from Loyola University. After pursuing a career in television, voice over work and live theatre, Elisia decided to bring her “performance” to another arena. At Loyola University School of Law School, she received the Edna S. Burkhalter Award for Outstanding Oral Argument, was a member of Moot Court staff, a teaching assistant, and a member of the Spring Team and the National Team.
Over her years of practice she has developed strong research, writing, and trial skills, a good rapport with opposing counsel, and friendships with her clients. Still loving to be “on stage”, Elisia has taught numerous Continuing Legal Education courses to her colleagues. And, in 2018, she obtained her LL. M. in Healthcare Law and Policy from the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University.
Elisia’s Continuing Legal Education presentations include:
- “What you don’t know CAN hurt you: What You Need to Know About the Changes to Art. 966,” Slidell Bar Association, April 7, 2016.
- “Big Changes in the New Year: What You Really Need to Know About the Amendments to Article 966,” 22nd JDC Bar Association, Covington, Louisiana, January 15, 2016.
- “E-Discovery Mini Clinic: What Every Lawyer Should Know about the Law and the Technology,” University of Houston Law Foundation, Corporate Counsel CLE, The Houston Club, Houston, Texas, October 11 – 12, 2007, Cityplace Conference Center, Dallas, Texas, October 18 – 19, 2007.
- “The New Federal Rules on Electronic Discovery,” State Bar of Texas, 6th Annual In House Counsel Course, 2007, August 16-17, 2007.
- “How to Get the Medical Records You Need in Louisiana,” National Business Institute, October 2004.
- “HIPAA: The New Privacy Act and Its Impact on Litigation,” The New Orleans Bar Association, Procrastinator’s Program, December 2003.
- “HIPAA: Understanding the New Hospital Privacy Requirements,” The Louisiana Society of Hospital Auxilians, Spring Meeting, March 2003.